Monday, March 06, 2006

Still Singing


In my mind he is still singing
I can hear him in the distance
His laughter ringing through the breeze
I look over to see a tree swaying
It reminds me of him dancing

A radio is playing, it's a guitar that I hear
I can see his fingers
Move so swiftly as he plays
I believe he still plays
All I have to do is close my eyes
And there he is playing just for me

He's not gone, just out of my sight
Now I sit and play the guitar
I know he can hear me
I like to think of him singing

picture by Ryan Ottley

3 comments:

Tiff and Rand said...

I love this poem and am so glad that you posted the picture that Ryan drew. It's the perfect companion for this beautiful poem. Thanks Robyn, you are extremely talented!

Anonymous said...

I noticed myself nodding as I was reading your poem in total awe and understanding. Tears filled my eyes as I read what most mothers feel but leave within. I love you and look forward to what you are going to post next.

Jenni S said...

I do remember this one and will ALWAYS love it.