Friday, March 24, 2006

Do You See Me?

I know you saw
The mess I made
As you walked down the hall
Yes, it was mine

But do you see me?
You say I am still in pajamas
And my hair still stands on end
But where am I?

Look, look and you will see
A little child longing for safety
Hoping to be seen

I don't run to you anymore
When I am afraid
My blankie took on that job
You didn't seem to understand
The fear that I felt

Look at me
I am you, once upon a time
Do you remember that little child
Who just wanted to be loved?
I am that child now
Love me, hold me

Do you see me?

2 comments:

Tiff and Rand said...

Wow. That's a pretty deep one. It's way good and makes you think, I like that. I love you! Tiff

Anonymous said...

Too true. That's why we were all once children, so we can remember how we felt & maybe be a little easier on our own children. I need to lighten up! Love you.