Thursday, February 23, 2006

Unspoken Love

As I sit staring at these white walls
I feel helpless and afraid
Does anyone understand my sorrow?
I feel nothing but pain

Impatience and anger fill my soul
How could this happen to us?
Why to us?

My mother lies in that bed
Not knowing where she is or who is here
Will she ever know
What her choices have done to us?

Finally after all this waiting
"She's awake, come in one by one"
Eyes turn toward me
My time has come to face her

Will she know who I am?
Will she know of my suffering?
Do I know the extent of her suffering?
I wonder if I should hug her
.......I will.....

I walk towards her bed
My arms open wide
And a smile on my face
To hide what's inside

For a moment I feel like a parent
Comforting a child
Anger fades for a moment
And lets love enter in
I am blessed
I am blessed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Robyn, I love the poems, keep 'em coming! They are real, and explained beautifully.

Love you!

Jenni S said...

Great way to explain your feelings, they are familiar to me too. I'm glad we still have her.