Thursday, February 23, 2006

Questions

Are you there?
Can you hear me?
I am told that heaven is here on earth.

Were you there at my wedding?
Have you seen my children?
They are beautiful, aren't they.
Did you see him take his first step?
Did you hear when she said her first word?
They know who you are when I speak your name
Life without you just isn't the same.

How will I know when I am touching your face?
My hand reaches out, all I feel is empty space
Is your hand on mine right now?
Are you helping me along?
I can still hear your voice singing me a song
I hope you know I love you
I think of you all the time

When I think of you and begin to cry
Please do not be sad
I just miss you
And the good times that we had

The flowers are still blooming
Life still goes on
Just to know that you are
And forever will be a part of me
Makes me happy

My tears have changed from sadness to gladness
From sorrow to joy
To know that you are forever
My brother, a friend
And Mama's little boy

4 comments:

Tiff and Rand said...

I Love this poem! It's all of the questions that I wonder but don't know how to verbalize...you did it for me. Thanks for showing your feelings so openly for us to read and admire.

Anonymous said...

My Robyn, how beautiful this poem is. You have a way of making pictures out of words. Thank you for the last line.
I love you,

WyA said...

Nice one. It made me cry but I'm still a macho man. Don't forget it!

Jenni S said...

So sweet. I love that our kids know him even though they haven't met him on earth before. It's neat how we can keep him alive in our family by thinking about and talking about him.