Thursday, November 26, 2015

Does It Hurt To Grow Wings? (Aug. 24, 2015)

Does it hurt to grow wings? Does it tear at your skin? Do you bleed and ache? is it possible to grin?

Will I be able to breath? Will it hurt to even sigh? Is there hope for life? Or will I curl up and die?

Why is it dark? Why do I feel alone? Will I be able to see you? Or will darkness be my home?

What is this aching in the center of my chest? I'm afraid to feel pain, afraid I'll never rest.

Don't leave me alone, in this cold and dark place. Let the light in, so that I can see your face.

I'm never alone? Is that what you said? You'll be in my heart? Take the pain from my head?

How will I know, when black is all I can see? Please tell me, please. How can this be?

What is this warmth I feel from out there? How is this pain eased, when all I said was a prayer?

Are you listening out there? To my every painful plea? Did you send in this warmth because you love me?

Why am I not scared in this dark abyss? The fear was just here..what did I miss?

I feel calm in this place, more so than ever.. I feel something changing.. Is it a feather?

A wing, you say? Are they really showing? It still hurts like before, but, something IS growing!

Forgive me for questioning.. I trust that you know.. What's best for me to experience, in order to grow.

Does it hurt to grow wings? I ask Him again.. it hurts, little one, and it will till the end.

Why does change hurt, when I'm doing what's right? Why am I still crying, still waking in the night?

You'll always know when your heart is rearranging.. because, if it doesn't hurt.. then, nothing is changing..

No comments: